31 May 2023
California - Corona
Maintenance and Repair Worker, General
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to be based in our Corona location.
The Maintenance Technician will perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, building, and equipment under general supervision. They execute work within established procedures and process under both verbal and written instructions.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a jack of all trades, a team player, and available to work overtimes and weekends when needed.
- Perform minor duties in the offices, such as reconfiguring, installing, and remounting modular offices and space (i.e. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space.
- Perform preventive and general maintenance and repairs to all production equipment to ensure proper functionality and optimal efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring correct installation, operation, and maintenance of production equipment and facility systems.
- Creates and maintains an organized work area and maintains production and facility equipment spare parts inventory.
- Fabricate fixtures in aid of assembly.
- Work directly with building inspector personnel (e.g., fire department, Property Management Company, utility companies, plumbers, etc.).
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions.
- Inspects and examines heating/refrigeration and air-conditioning, air compressors, and all auxiliary equipment to locate defects in operations, disassembles unit and restore to operating condition; repairs or replaces condensers, compressors, pumps, valves, motors, bearings, belts and other parts.
- Troubleshoots and takes corrective action for major malfunction and breakdowns of heating/refrigeration and air-conditioning systems pumps, air handlers, fans ducts, dampers and grills.
- Performs routine repairs; assesses and resolves problems related to electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, mechanical, or related systems not functioning properly; may make recommendations to higher level management for work orders.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work to provide efficient facilities for office personnel.
- Contacting service providers as needed (e.g. plumbers, janitorial, etc.).
- Maintains tools and workspace in the manufacturing facility.
Skills & Experience
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience in plant quarry maintenance or related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read an interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Familiarity with hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation.
- Previous project management experience, a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a construction, maintenance, HVAC, repair, or similar industry.
- Tooling experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours.
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, twist, and reach.
- Ability to work in warehouse environment.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)