BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE's products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient's dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, SEC Financial Reporting and Equity Administration to be based in Foothill Ranch, CA. The Senior Manager, SEC Financial Reporting and Equity Administration is responsible for timely and accurate external and internal financial reporting as required by the SEC (including XBRL), the Board of Directors, and Senior Management. Performs day-to-day financial reporting responsibilities related to domestic and international subsidiaries. Manages administration of employee stock options and RSUs using third party software. Prepares monthly stock-based compensation expense and equity related journal entries. Coordinates with external auditors to provide support, manage deliverables and meet deadlines. Oversees technical accounting topics, researches complex accounting transactions and concludes on accounting and reporting requirements and disclosures, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues, as needed. Seeks continuous improvement and efficiencies to aid in preparation and reporting of timely and accurate results. Proposes and facilitates changes to the Company’s internal control process over the financial reporting process and any related business process in conjunction with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares quarterly 10-Qs and annual 10-Ks and other SEC filings for management review while tracking and maintaining supporting documentation from various reporting groups in compliance with the Company’s internal control process over financial reporting. Works with both internal and external parties to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Manage the process for the Proxy filing and Annual Shareholders Meeting.
- Assists in the month end close process and technical accounting. Researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting process, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues as needed.
- Manages stock incentive plan administration using third party software, ensuring accurate and timely recording of new grants and RSU releases, expense recognition and general ledger reconciliations. Coordinate with external stock transfer agent for reporting requirements. Provides updates required for Compensation Committee meetings and equity forecasts. Manages audit requests and maintains support confidentially and in a highly organized manner.
- Proposes and facilitates improvements in the Company’s internal control process over financial reporting process and any related business process in conjunction with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002. This includes the documentation of the Company’s financial processes and procedures, which comprise our system of internal controls and identifies key controls upon which we place reliance, and prepares quarterly testing protocols to ensure that controls are operating properly.
- Makes system, process and procedural recommendations in order to remediate any identified control weaknesses or processes which may be created or modified in order to improve controls, create efficiencies or streamline operations. Assists in implementation of remediation actions.
- Identifies any outside resources necessary to complete the SOX404 responsibilities.
- Coordinates efforts with outside auditors to facilitate their SOX404 audit process.
- Prepares initial draft of impairment analysis other annual evaluations as required.
- Prepares supporting schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Researches and assists as needed with a hands-on, can-do approach.
- Utilizes Excel, general ledger, employee stock-based compensation and SEC software quickly and efficiently.
Skills & Experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) with accounting major or concentration from four-year college or university; CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation; SEC reporting experience; equity and stock-based compensation administration preferred; and minimum five – ten years related experience with at least two years in public accounting.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)